Author Topic: So, what are you playing?  (Read 75327 times)

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Referrals: 0
So, what are you playing?
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:45:40 PM »
I'm curious as to what everyone is playing right now. Personally I've been playing SSFIV until my elbow hurts, putting down the arcade stick, and running through ME2 to rest my elbow.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:06:12 AM by Brad Mosbacher »
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding"

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
    • My Gaming and Manga Inventory
Re: So, what are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »
I've been kicking the stars out of Mario Galaxy 2.  Technically I could have waxed Koopa and finished it yesterday night but I stopped and went back for a few stars.  I know I won't get a few of them as like that purple coin slide in world 4 I think it is, is just pure evil.  I also hate collection games anyways so I play for fun and when the fun is over I move on.  I'm up to close to 80 stars at this rate.

I also am taking a good whack at Shadowgate64 of all things along with Pilotwings64, Rogue Squadron perhaps a bit more, Nightmare Creatures (good game, underrated) and on the handheld I still slowly put an hour or two on Pokemon SoulSilver, Picross3D, and ClassicNES SMB1 too.

“A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the Stars and Stripes.”  Woodrow Wilson

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:51:41 AM »
Hexyz Force, Mass Effect 2, Sega Superstars Tennis, 3d dot game Heroes and Afrika.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV is what I'm playing at the moment. My save data got corrupted so I lost all of my colors, taunts, and titles. It's my own fault, I shouldn't have taken my HD to my friends house and let him do the removal. He pulled the drive before his 360's power was completely off.

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
I also got Star Ocean the Last hope International in the mail today. Surprisingly good.

Offline Pants

• Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
Sticky, please.

3D Dot Game Heroes.  Love this game so much.  Spent about an hour creating a character named FISHER.  Add me on PSN "TalesOfPants" and I'll send you pictures of him.  The game is full of gamer humor and doesn't take itself seriously at all.  I love it.

Splinter Cell: Conviction.  Though dumbed down like every Tom Clancy series has been in the next-gen, it is my second favorite Splinter Cell game.  Chaos Theory was tops.  Conviction follows up with the lasting co-op modes that my friend and I will probably play for years.

Pokemon:  Always.

Persona 4:  Best PS2 game ever.  There is nothing I don't like about this game.  Probably in my top 5 games of all time.

Offline Katja Lowin

• The destroyer of worlds and candy
  • Site Admin
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Future Video Game Artist
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 12:06:57 AM »
Sticky bombed, prepare for detonation in 3...2...1..just kidding!

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:50:45 AM »
I played Star Ocean the last hope: International for 13 hours from saturday to sunday. I was really surprised that I liked it so much. Pressing start to skip the cutscenes makes this game go from bad to really fun.

Offline Jeff Rivera

• The Overstimmed Marine
  • Site Admin
  • Italian Plumber
  • Referrals: 3
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:54 AM »
Right now I just finished up Trauma Team for review. It's easily the best Trauma game, and it's a good step in the right direction for the franchise. I'm also playing through Alan Wake with my wife and Red Dead Redemption on my own. Super Mario Galaxy 2 will figure into the mix real soon.
Founder - Gamer Theory

Offline drshaw

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »
Signature.  Also have 65 stars in super mario galaxy 2 (not as good as SMG1 btw).

Offline Arthur

• Chromium OS!
    • The World from a Geek's Eyes
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
I'm play New Super Mario Bros., Scribblenauts, and Wii Sports Resort.

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:37:55 PM »
Star Ocean the Last hope. Enjoying this one a lot more than I had thought.

Offline Kinslayer

• My Art Gallery
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »
Going through God of War Collection. Right now, I'm at Pandora's Temple in God of War. Going to start 2 when I complete it. Also on MH Tri.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS. Boy that game is brutal, particularly the first three games on it!  :o

-PC: AMD Quad Core A8-3800 Accelerated Processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram, Radeon HD45xx 1 GB video card, 1 TB hard drive, 500 GB hard drive, Supermulti DVD Burner, Wireless Lan 802.11 b/g/n, Beats audio Studio Quality sound, Win 7 Home Premium

-Dreams of getting a new Wii U in 201x.
-Current consoles:Wii, PS2, XBOX 360, also has DS/GBA, Vita 2xxx, and a PSP 3000

Yes, I like buying games cheap, don't like it? Deal with it!

Offline mathrik

• Staff
  • Deals Massive Damage
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 08:18:09 AM »
I've been playing Pokemon Soulsilver on the DS and ME 2 on my PC.  The kids have been playing Lego Indiana Jones on my 360. :)

Offline Pants

• Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 08:30:12 PM »
Just got Demon's Souls and Peace Walker...

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
I'm restarting Spellforce Platinum.
-PC: AMD Quad Core A8-3800 Accelerated Processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram, Radeon HD45xx 1 GB video card, 1 TB hard drive, 500 GB hard drive, Supermulti DVD Burner, Wireless Lan 802.11 b/g/n, Beats audio Studio Quality sound, Win 7 Home Premium

-Current consoles:Wii, PS2, XBOX 360, also has DS/GBA, Vita 2xxx, and a PSP 3000

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »
A lot of Hexyz Force, a bit of Mass Effect 2 and a lot of Star Ocean 4.

Offline Pants

• Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
How's Hexyz Force?  I really want it...

Peace Walker reminds me that I'm still an idiot when it comes to MGS games.  Splinter Cell type stealth seems logical and makes sense to me.  MGS stealth just confuses me for some reason.  Fun game though.

Demon's Souls isn't nearly as hard as everyone says it is so far.  I'm almost disappointed.

3D Dot Game Heroes.  I'm on the fourth dungeon.  Good times.  Sidequests can be fun in this game if only for the dialogue.

Bought the expansion to Resident Evil 5.  It's downloading, so I'll get into that when it's finished.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »
I just started Fallout 3. I had put a moratorium on buying any new games but damned if Steam didn't have the GOTY of Fallout 3 for $25. I really miss my 360 though. I have games on my laptop but SSFIV isn't one of them. I was half tempted to buy the PC version of ME2 to get my fix but I'd rather buy a game that I don't own on another platform.

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
How's Hexyz Force?  I really want it...

I'm playing Levants story. The game has two separate main characters you can choose between at the start. I like the story so far. Itæs a bit classic, but does well to avoid some of the most tired clichees. (Like a princess resquing the main character, isntead of the main character rescuing the princess) The battles are really quick (if you press R button) and it's a lot of fun to unlock new skills. I fully recommend it. It's given me plenty of awesome bus rides so far.

I'm also playing Red dead redemption (got it as a gift) for 360, Mass Effect 2 and sega superstars tennis. For wii Endeless ocean. That game is FANTASTIC! Offcourse it's a downgrade over the graphics in aquanauts, but for a wii game, it's very impressive.

Also still playing Star Ocean 4 and Mod Nation on PS3.

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »
Well since my last post I've been kind of hands off on the games oddly for the most part as I got tied up in some bs drama one night, and around that got into these alt history ww2 books.  Either way, earlier in the week I got Hydro Thunder for n64 and DOOM SNES yesterday and they're fun.  HT is damn fast, sure less polygons than the DC/arcade but looks and sounds beyond respectable unlike the other versions out there by far.  DOOM is the SNES ugly step child with the 1 monster(forward) view, 5 missing stages, and the retard-o cheapass lack of a battery so you can't save, also a bit harder in stage too.  It overall is pretty damn good, just different and the sfx and music is far better in particular the music being sampled instead of old basic midi.

“A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the Stars and Stripes.”  Woodrow Wilson

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »
Hexyz Force.

Offline Jeff Rivera

• The Overstimmed Marine
  • Site Admin
  • Italian Plumber
  • Referrals: 3
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »
I've found myself thoroughly addicted to vertical shmups, and I've been playing them practically non-stop in my little home arcade. DoDonPachi is godly, everybody. After they put Ikaruga out on XBLA, I really wish that Cave had followed suit and put out some of their own games. I'd also like to see Treasure get Radiant Silvergun on there.
Founder - Gamer Theory

Offline Katja Lowin

• The destroyer of worlds and candy
  • Site Admin
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Future Video Game Artist
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »
Hey Jeff, Mario Galaxy 2. Play it now.

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
I've found myself thoroughly addicted to vertical shmups, and I've been playing them practically non-stop in my little home arcade. DoDonPachi is godly, everybody. After they put Ikaruga out on XBLA, I really wish that Cave had followed suit and put out some of their own games. I'd also like to see Treasure get Radiant Silvergun on there.

I'd like to see Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga on the 3DS! ;)

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »
Believe it or not I'm going to be trying out MGS PSP here shortly.  I'm being daring and trying new things.

Offline Pants

• Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
Jeff.  Shmups for the win, man.  Shmups for the win.

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »
I've moved away from those as they moved away from me.  When it went from a fun but hard game into a bullet hell nightmare relying entirely on very small holes of safety effectively turning it into a pattern management game like an old SIMON toy I was finished with the games.  I do know this week on PSN a 3 part (each you buy on its own) series of shumps came out to grab.  I'm not sure w/out looking if it's via the PSP or the PS3 but it's fresh meat.

Offline Pants

• Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
Playing the RE5 DLC.  Lost In Nightmares is actually pretty good.

Peace Walker

3D Dot Game Heroes.  I think I'm stuck.  We'll see.

Persona 4 replay:  such an amazing goddamn game.