Author Topic: So, what are you playing?  (Read 74911 times)

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
  • Referrals: 0
    • My Gaming and Manga Inventory
Re: So, what are you playing?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
I got rid of a pile of stupid/finished with stuff today and came back with 2 new SNES games for me to toy with some may be familiar with as being quite good: Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Magic Sword.

Fun times ahead in 16bit land.

...also the other day Goemon's Great Adventure N64 came in the mail too and damn it's a hard game. :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

“A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the Stars and Stripes.”  Woodrow Wilson

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 04:55:20 AM »
I've been playing Super Street Fighter IV, Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, and Street Fighter IV*

*Upgraded my system to Windows 7 and I thought I had backed up all my game saves. Nope. So I'm playing thru SFIV again to unlock all the characters and colors.
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding"

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
I finished Star Ocean the Last hope

Offline Jeff Rivera

• The Overstimmed Marine
  • Site Admin
  • Italian Plumber
  • Referrals: 3
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
Just finished Red Dead Redemption and I have a huge wave of game deliveries incoming. Super Mario Galaxy 2, Alan Wake, and SSF4 are priorities this weekend.
Founder - Gamer Theory

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:58 PM »
I found a cheap copy of Castlevania Double Pack for GBA so now I'm dual stomping on Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow.  Hell of a nice combo, likely best 2pk the GBA ever had.

“A man who thinks of himself as belonging to a particular national group in America has not yet become an American. And the man who goes among you to trade upon your nationality is no worthy son to live under the Stars and Stripes.”  Woodrow Wilson

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Lots and lots of Harvest Moon: Hero of leaf valley.

Offline Pants

• Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »
Too.... many.... games.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 04:29:45 AM »
I finished Mass Effect 1 on PC for the first time. Working on Fallout 3 now.

Offline Katja Lowin

• The destroyer of worlds and candy
  • Site Admin
  • Bounty Hunter
  • Future Video Game Artist
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 02:52:09 AM »
Lots and lots of Xenoblade

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 07:16:50 AM »
Lots and lots of Xenoblade

Offline Jeff Rivera

• The Overstimmed Marine
  • Site Admin
  • Italian Plumber
  • Referrals: 3
    • Gamer Theory
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 08:04:13 AM »
- Played some SSFIV, and it's awesome. I'm definitely rusty and I've almost completely forgotten the fighting system.
- Finished up my review for Pure Futbol. That game is Pure Crap.
- Played lots of Super Mario Galaxy 2. The game is fun running over.
- Got my feet wet with Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. This game is quite good. I'm going to be playing this one a lot for quite some time.
Founder - Gamer Theory

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
- Played some SSFIV, and it's awesome. I'm definitely rusty and I've almost completely forgotten the fighting system.
- Finished up my review for Pure Futbol. That game is Pure Crap.
- Played lots of Super Mario Galaxy 2. The game is fun running over.
- Got my feet wet with Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. This game is quite good. I'm going to be playing this one a lot for quite some time.

I'll probably snag Super Street Fighter IV after I get a 360. i'm still steamed they didn't release that for the PC. So much for supporting gamers who purchased Street Fighter IV on PC @ full price!

I suck at Mario Galaxies, I'll wait until I can finish it before trying the harsher sequel.

I'll pick up Sin & Punishment for the N64/Wii before buying the "sequel", and I might not be willing to spend more than $20 on it!

-PC: AMD Quad Core A8-3800 Accelerated Processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram, Radeon HD45xx 1 GB video card, 1 TB hard drive, 500 GB hard drive, Supermulti DVD Burner, Wireless Lan 802.11 b/g/n, Beats audio Studio Quality sound, Win 7 Home Premium

-Dreams of getting a new Wii U in 201x.
-Current consoles:Wii, PS2, XBOX 360, also has DS/GBA, Vita 2xxx, and a PSP 3000

Yes, I like buying games cheap, don't like it? Deal with it!

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:18 AM »
Ah that's Crapcom among a select few others who gouge the PC gamer while going $10 less on consoles and it's to the point it should be expected to get stuff later and/or more expensive.

I'm still plodding away on the Castlevania Double Pack, but got stuck in Harmony as that whole reverse castle thing was done so poorly with the teleports you need to endlessly re-walk the entire place to try and find what you need to do next as there is zero direction at all, while every other drives you a certain way more logically if done subtly.  As such I've dusted off Aria on there and have put a few % but nothing really major yet into it.  I do miss you can't do the forward dash (just back and shorter) in Aria.

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Yeah that Castlevania double pack is cool! I like it and Charline even wanted it.

I suck at all things Castlevania though. My favorite is still Super Castlevania IV. I wish it were on the DS. Heck I wish they made a 4 pack of the first 3 NES Castlevanias and the Super for the DS, but Nintendo is too greedy for that.

I guess I should be glad to just have the Megaman Zero Collection for the DS, but if they did that with the Castlevania games I listed, I'd even pay $40 for that!

-PC: AMD Quad Core A8-3800 Accelerated Processor, 16GB DDR3 Ram, Radeon HD45xx 1 GB video card, 1 TB hard drive, 500 GB hard drive, Supermulti DVD Burner, Wireless Lan 802.11 b/g/n, Beats audio Studio Quality sound, Win 7 Home Premium

-Current consoles:Wii, PS2, XBOX 360, also has DS/GBA, Vita 2xxx, and a PSP 3000

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 01:03:47 PM »
Closest to a pack for $5-10 you can find a waste of money PC collection with a Nintendo emulator running Castlevania1-3 and Contra+SuperC for Windows.

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
Yeah I have that CD, I just wish it was on the DS! :(

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 02:02:26 PM »
I'm playing a lot as usual.
Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf valley [PSP]- feels like a really wellmade classic harvest moon.
Nier [PS3]- interesting world, interesting setting, plenty of sidequests, fast running. I like it. It's not pretty though.
Mass Effect 2 [360]- Very pretty, nice effects, clunky gameplay, great conversation system, gamebreaking bugs (stuck in the ceiling? Come on!), luckily I save often
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker [PSP]- Just started, I love the cutscenes, the controls are alright, but I miss a 2nd analogue stick (and it feels like the developers missed it too!)
Red Dead Redemption [360]- Beautiful, big world, very interesting characters, fun sidequests. Weird bugs, I'm also having a dumb horse that kills itself.
3d dot game heroes [PS3]- strolling around, exploring.
Sakura Wars V [Wii] -Gave this one a break, but a friend wanted to see it this weekend.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:07:22 PM by Tailzo »

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
I got stupid lucky at a swap meet today.  I got Bust-A-Move and Mega Man X for $5 and $10 respectively and they go for a good bit more (especially BAM, usually $40~.)  So I wasted some time on that today, but then as I had it out put a couple hours on Earthbound too as I really do need to try and finish it.  MMX I did like 1/2 the bosses and got a few gear items, BAM did like 12 stages, and EB I worked up into that swamp area.

Offline Pants

• Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hero of Time
  • Rinshan Kaihou
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »
Trying to wrap my brain around Deathsmiles.

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:11 PM »
I've finished Nier and Mass Effect 2. Nier was a lot of fun. VERY experiemental, having really diverse "dungeons". Still playing Metal gear.

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
I got stupid lucky at a swap meet today.  I got Bust-A-Move and Mega Man X for $5 and $10 respectively and they go for a good bit more (especially BAM, usually $40~.)  So I wasted some time on that today, but then as I had it out put a couple hours on Earthbound too as I really do need to try and finish it.  MMX I did like 1/2 the bosses and got a few gear items, BAM did like 12 stages, and EB I worked up into that swamp area.

Do you prefer Mega Man X on the SNES as opposed to the Mega Man X Collection (Gamecube) on the Wii?

Bust a Move is cool on the SNES, but I can't imagine why people would pay $40 for it on the SNES.

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:19 PM »
Well to your first question I never got it.  I have never been a fan of the X series other than the first, but if I get the itch I may yet give them another try.  If I were a fan though I'd have avoided the GC game because I believe like the NES titles those dumbasses swapped the buttons and I'm no fan of trying to jump and shoot myself to my death walking off a cliff.

And it's easy, mind you stupid though, why people do that.  Basically you can get it in the $30-40 range because it was a March/April 1995 release and as you know the SNES was dying at that rate, and all that did bring back support to it was the DKC games starting late 94 and Killer Instinct in 1995 along with Castlevania Dracula X. There really wasn't much left coming for the SNES at the time other than lame fishing games, licensed trash, and other weak sauce crap with a rare gem so games were produced in little numbers because N64 was assumed for 1995 (not 96) and Sega/Sony were at it already.  Low distro, damn popular series, demand still high for series -- price sucks. :(

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
For about $20 I got 3 GBA games today -- Mario Kart, Gradius, and Megaman&Bass so things are going fun for me at the moment. :D

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
I love the Gradius and Mario Kart games although I was spoiled by the PSP Gradius pack, which is almost a reason to own a PSP, I haven't played the Megaman and Bass game, what is it like?

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
I keep playing Peace walker every day. It's gone from "wrestling a bit with the controls" to "awesome fun and progressive mastery"!

Offline paratech

• SPARTAN
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »
I see Gradius Galaxies is $1.99 at Gamestop. I suggest anyone with a DS*/GBA/GBA compatible system buy the game at that price! Even buy a backup copy if you can, its worth a soda / beer.

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »
That's where I got it, and Mario Kart was $12 and Megaman&Bass was $5.  Gradius has a rough label and it's a little trashed(clamshell is loose on one end) but for $2 I was like whatever as it was the only copy in the entire county.

MM&B basically has the audio/visuals of Megaman7/8 era stuff, very fluid and great large objects with good color selection.  You can replay stages, has an intro stage, and you can pick up bits(cash.)  Most items you get cost a good bit, but they're keepers, few are one shots (spike non-death 1 hit, 1up, etc.)  It's listed at the MMHP.NET (Mega Man Homepage, old old site) as a 4/5 in difficulty so it will keep you latched.  I had it years ago on GBA but barely played it as it kicked my ass and I wasn't in the mood for taking its crap on the small screen, so I'm doing it on the GB Player, just like Gradius, as it's easier to make out the small things that aggravatingly get you wasted due to the limited teeny view area.  I'd suggest it if you're a fan of the classic MM series, but having the ability of the later era stuff where you buy upgrades and slap em on to make things a bit more manageable.

Offline Tailzo

• Hero of Time
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2010, 07:50:23 AM »
Deathspank[PS3]- Very funny, and excellent for co op. My wife has played it more than me though.
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker [PSP]- I've played it a lot co op the last two days, and we're having a blast!
Red Dead Redemption [360]- I'm near the end. Fun game for the most part.

Offline Darc Requiem

• Banhammerus Moderatus
  • Global Moderator
  • Bounty Hunter
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »
After downloading a few appearance mods, I've started playing Dragon Age again.

Offline Tanooki

• facta non verba
  • Pink Puff Ball
  • The Suit Returns
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
I've got too much going on sort of, if you through in the casual screw off titles I may care to finish or not vs those I want to.
The non mess arounds would be DQ9 and MGS Peacewalker (this one gets neglected.)  I'd throw Sin and Punishment on there but I'm not enjoying it, I see it as a fun game and doable for hours but I can't make myself get into it so I'm looking to trade it out/sell for $40.

The screw off titles though lots... Castlevania Double Pack(Aria mostly), Drill Dozer, Mario Kart SC(gba), Megaman Xtreme, Kirby's Dreamland2, and on the SNES side DKC, Earthbound, MMX1, and Yoshi's Island.  All that I'm picking away at at the moment.

anything